Prison Break Movies Rock
Prison Break Movies usually have something we fear and desire. The thing we all fear is false imprisonment and the thing we desire is the ability to actually perform a prison break. Escaping from jail is no easy task but when it’s pulled off it usually has a great story.
My 7 favorite Prison Break Movies (in no particular order)
- The Shawshank Redemption (1994): A falsely imprisoned man tunnels out of prison with a bunch of the warden’s dirty money. Ends up in mexico.
- Cool Hand Luke (1967): Man gets arrested, makes friends, eats some eggs, escapes jail, then gets shot. Should’ve been a night in the box.
- Escape From Alcatraz (1979): A bank robber with superior intelligence breaks out of Alcatraz prison which was thought to be escape proof.
- The Count of Monte Cristo (2002): A falsely imprisoned man escapes and uses a buried treasure to get revenge on the people involved.
- Lock Up (1989): A prisoner is set up by the warden and some guards to either escape or lose his wife.
- Papillon (1973): A petty criminal wrongly convicted of murder repeatedly attempts to break out of an island prison.
- Law Abiding Citizen (2009): A man that kills people in undetectable ways for the government tries to bring down the system from prison.
A Tip of the Hat to other Prison Break Movies
- The Rock (1996) – I didn’t add The Rock to this list because to me it isn’t a prison break OUT movie, its a prison break IN movie. This movie had to be mentioned because it was a great movie and it did involve a prison break of some kind at least!
- Con Air (1997) – Another great movie involving prisoners escaping, but since they weren’t escaping from a physical prison I didn’t include this one. Great movie though.
Do you have an Idea for a top 10 or whatever number list?
We would love to hear from you! Leave any ideas in the request form found in the footer of this and every other page on this site. Prison Break Movies may already be covered but we would love to hear some other ideas!