It doesn’t take a genius to tell that movies are in a bad, bad place. Hollywood is running out of ideas and most movies are remakes of previous films with moderate success and a good idea. Thats why B-Movies are great, they come up with original ideas all the time. They may not be blockbusters but they have a certain charm that makes them cooler to watch. Most of the Hollywood movies you see on the big screen have enormous budgets and REALLY well paid actors and a ‘safe’ script that has been approved by major studios. Even the crappiest A-list movie will do better than some of the best B-Movies of all time ever will. B-Movies don’t have cool commercials on the Super Bowl and their stars don’t go on Letterman and talk about their movie, but what they lack in marketing they make up in original ideas (for the most part) and pure entertainment.
I’ve hand picked a list of B-Range movies that have the weirdest, strangest, and wackiest movie antagonists I personally have ever heard of!
- Rubber (2010): A killer tire with psychic powers named Robert rolls around, kills things and falls in love with a girl.
- Birdemic (2008): Birds inexplicably attack a small town after 47 minutes and 10 seconds of people preaching about being green. #IRONY
- Dead Meat (2004): The mad cow disease infects people by turning them into flesh eating zombies. Cows also stalk and eat people.
- Thankskilling (2009): An ancient foul mouthed homicidal turkey kills college kids during Thanksgiving Break.
- Night of the Lepus (1972): Giant rabbits ransack a town and kill people then the townsfolk puts them down.
- Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead (2006): A fried chicken restaurant that is built over an Indian burial ground spawns zombie chickens.
- The Gingerdead Man (2005): A gingerbread man with the soul of a convicted serial killer goes on a killing spree as a literal cookie monster.
- The Mangler (1995): A demon possessed laundry folding apparatus eats people. Maybe it was trying to fold the clothes they were wearing?
- Attack of the Killer Regridgerator (1990): An Icebox goes in a killing spree and eats the teens that got drunk and abused it at a party.
- Death Bed: The Bed That Eats (1977): A demonic bed eats people and some other people perform a ritual that results in a bed explosion.
Movies that are also crazy but couldn’t make the list for one thing or another
- Day of the Triffids (1962): Almost everyone is blinded by a bright glow of a meteor shower and alien plants attack humans.
- Slugs: The Movie (1988): Killer slugs as you can imagine, kill people.
- Treevenge (2008): Christmas Trees are violently cut from the forest by buttheads and they attack and kill people on Christmas Morning.
- Monsturd (2008): A man turns into a crap monster with aid of a chemical as he is being pursued by the FBI.
- Attack of the Killer Tomatoes! (1978): A team of scientists band together to stop tomatoes, a typically docile fruit, from killing people.
- Squirm (1976): Electrified worms start eating people because of a downed power line after a ‘dilly’ of a storm. …Mr. Beardsley?
Have I missed any? If you know a movie with a killer creature or item that doesn’t normally kill leave a comment!